🔑 Register an account with Gate.io
👨💼 Complete KYC within 24 hours
🎁 Claim Point Rewards
Your Gateway to crypto news and insights
Wondering how to put your crypto to work and earn passive income? Wondering how to earn a high APY by borrowing through Spot/Margin and Futures Trading?
Here at Gate.io Margin & Loan, not only do we offer high returns on stable coins, you can also lend and borrow more than 200 other coins. By lending them, you can earn up to 365% APR! By borrowing them, you add leverage to the trade and help to increase the amount invested without the need to hold the assets.
Gate.io Crypto Lending ( https://www.gate.io/en/margin/lend/USDT)
If you’re holding some crypto for the long haul with no plans to sell, why not add value to your digital currencies by lending it out to other users!
Compared with the traditional savings account, lending your digital assets in exchanges often leads to a hefty return.
Peer to Peer Lending
Borrowers and lenders are able to enter a loan agreement without the need for an intermediary. By removing intermediaries from the process, costs are lowered, the settlement period is faster, and a more diverse and potentially equitable market emerges.
Gate.io Crypto Lending
Gate.io Crypto Lending allows users who have idle token balances to lend their tokens out to the margin borrowers in return for interest earned on that token. Users can submit an order to lend at a specified daily interest rate of their own choice and wait for the borrowers to match the order. Gate.io Crypto Lending is a crypto-based peer to peer lending platform for users to lend their crypto assets to others. Gate.io will not participate in any lending. No middlemen costs. Small platform fee!
Lend More Than Anywhere Else
Here at Gate.io Crypto Lending, not only do we offer returns on stable coins, you can also lend and borrow more than 200 other coins. Earn without having to trade! No other cryptocurrency exchange or financial institution offers the opportunity for users to lend this many coins.
Up to 1% Daily Interest Rate, 365% APY
Flexible Interest Rate. Users can set the lending rate. The daily interest rate ranges from 0.01% to 1%. Users can earn a stable profit with an annual interest rate of up to 365% by placing orders to lend. (with BTC, ETH, USDT, etc.).
Industry-leading security protocols across the whole platform, According to Coingecko’s Trust Score for Top Cryptocurrency Exchanges, Gate.io scores 9 points out of 10!
10 Day Duration and Auto-Order
The default period is 10 days and can be automatically renewed. You can proceed with auto-order, where the repaid amount will be automatically listed for new borrowers with rates being equal to the initial or recalculated if the market rate is applied.
How Earn Works
Once you open a Gate.io account, you can purchase or deposit any amount of cryptocurrency and immediately opt-in to Crypto Lending to start earning interest on your balance.
Actual Token Interest = Loaned Assets * Daily Interest Rate * Loan Duration * (1-Platform Service Fee). Service fee: 18.0% from the interest earned. Actual loan period computed will be based on the actual repayment date. Interest starts to accrue from the time of successfully borrowing. The initial interest settlement basis is 4 hours, less than 4 hours is deemed as 4 hours. After the initial 4 hours, the interest is settled on an hourly basis, less than 1 hour is deemed as a full hour. Formula: Interest=Loan * Day rate/24 * how many hours. Borrower retains the right to initiate early repayment of loan.
Gate.io Crypto Loan (https://www.gate.io/en/cryptoloan/USDT)
On Gate.io, there are two ways to borrow crypto for Spot/Margin and Futures Trading to earn high APY: Gate.io Crypto Loan and Gate.io Margin Borrowing.
Gate.io Crypto Loan
Gate.io Crypto Loan feature allows you to use one crypto as collateral to borrow another. Our crypto loan service supports more than 200 different tokens you can borrow and a variety of mainstream coins you can pledge without a term limit. In addition, interest is calculated on an hourly basis and can be borrowed and repaid as you like.
This service enables users to borrow coins at an initial pledge rate of 70% up to a maximum of 5 million USDT. Gate.io Crypto Loan supports the use of several cryptos as collateral, including BTC, ETH, EOS, GT.
The default period is 10 days and can be automatically renewed, with daily interest rates as low as 0.01%. The interest rate is determined by the duration of the loan. You can always repay in advance and the interest is subject to the actual loan duration.
Users can store their funds in Spot, Margin and Futures accounts, meaning that the funds can also be withdrawn and used for trading activities. As long as you are a registered user, you can borrow on Gate.io Crypto Loan. You can trade on Gate.io using the loan you make as long as you meet the qualification for using the services. Yes, you can withdraw them as well.
Gate.io Collateral Ratio
1.Collateral Ratio=Loan (interest payable included) value / collateral value;
2.The Lower the Collateral Ratio, the lower the possibility of the collateral being liquidated;
3.Initial Collateral Ratio is 70%;
4.When the Collateral Ratio reaches 80%, Gate.io will send out alerts via messages, App notifications, or email.
5.When the Collateral Ratio reaches 90%, liquidation will be triggered to exchange collateral for loan currency to repay the loan.
6.You can add additional collateral to reduce the Collateral Ratio and lower liquidation risk before Collateral Ratio reaches 90%.
Gate.io Crypto Loan Notice
1. Loan should be repaid before or on the repayment date (loan duration is 10 days by default). If overdue, the collateral and loan will be in custody of Gate.io and liquidation may be triggered to repay the loan. You can choose Auto-Repay.
If you need a longer loan duration, you can choose to “auto-renew ” to allow the loan to renew against the market loan offers on the interest rate and quantity prioritize automatically when a loan term ends.
2. Repayment should be paid in full. No partial repayment is supported.
3. Before repayment, you can not transfer out all or part of the collateral.
4. Gate.io reserves the right to liquidate orders with overdue loans or loans of high risks.
5. You should acknowledge that collateral loans may incur interest, commissions and other fees and agree to pay interest/fees posted by Gate.io.
6. You should fully understand that crypto coin prices are extremely volatile, and should operate with caution and manage risks rationally.
7. You agree that any investment decision and operation are out of your own willingness and you are solely responsible for the risk and gains.
8. Gate.io shall not be responsible for the loss or delay of any notifications sent through any channels: Email, app, or short message. You should pay close attention to your order status and be responsible for knowing the real order status even if falsely posted at Gate.io.
9. Gate.io reserves the right of final interpretation to all of the above.
Gate.io Margin Borrowing (https://www.gate.io/margin/borrow/BTC_USDT)
Unlike Crypto Loan, Margin borrowing is for margin traders specifically. When you proceed with margin trading: First you transfer funds to your margin account, then you go to margin borrowing, using margin to increase your purchasing power. You can own more without fully paying for it.
For crypto traders who have limited resources, there's always the option of margin trading to add leverage on the investment to go long and short by using your existing crypto as security. This can, in fact, help to increase the amount invested without the need to hold the assets. Gate.io Margin Borrowing is a user-to-user borrowing market (borrow with mortgage). There are more than 250 kinds of crypto assets available on the market. You can find all the most popular coins on Gate.io margin trading.
Gate.io margin borrowing has served over tens of millions of users since its launch. Compared to other exchange platforms, Gate.io offers the most favorable margin rate. Gate.io margin borrowing has no time limit and the default period is 10 days.
Users may choose to automatically renew or repay the loan at maturity. Interest rates are as low as 0.01%. Choose Gate.io margin trading and enjoy the lowest interest rates and flexible payment options. Go-long or Go-short with leverage are other available options.
Margin Trading Terms
1. Base currency is the token against which exchange rates are generally quoted. In the BTC-USDT pair, BTC is the base currency.
2. Quote currency is used as reference to give us the relative value of the Base currency. In the BTC-USDT pair, USDT is the quoted currency.
3. Total assets is the sum of assets in a margin trading account, including locked assets and available assets.
4. Transferred in asset is an asset transferred into a margin trading account from an exchange account.
5. Borrowed asset is an asset borrowed that is transferred into margin trading as a collateral.
6. Available asset is an asset that is available to place orders in margin trading accounts, including assets borrowed and transferred in.
7. Locked asset is when balance is not available to place orders in margin trading. In general, it refers to assets in order.
8. Long: Take BTC/USDT as an example, if you believe the BTC price will rise, you can borrow USDT to buy long. That is to buy BTC at the current low price and sell BTC at a higher price later to amplify your gains.
9. Short: Take the BTC/USDT pair as an example, if you believe the BTC price will go down, you may borrow BTC and sell short. That is to sell at current high price and buy at a lower price later to benefit from drops in BTC price.
10. Risk Rate: The total-to-loan ratio in a margin trading account. The indicator to equate the risk of a forced liquidation. The higher the risk rate, the lower the loan ratio is, and less chance the margin trading account will be forced liquidated.
11. Forced Liquidation: When the risk rate in margin trading account is low to liquidation threshold, forced liquidation is triggered. All of the positions of this pair are closed automatically to prevent further loss and ensure you do not default on your loan.
12. Estimated Liquidation price: A calculated price when the risk rate equals the liquidation threshold. A forced liquidation will be triggered when the price reaches this value.
🔑 Register an account with Gate.io
👨💼 Complete KYC within 24 hours
🎁 Claim Point Rewards