The Cartoon about Margin Trading in Gate.io (Long)
The Cartoon about Margin Trading in Gate.io (Short)
About Margin Trading
Margin Trading Terms
How to Conduct Margin Trading on web (video)
About Margin Loans
View more >
About Margin Loans
Updated at:1114 days 11 hours ago
1. The maximum volume of a margin loan is
determined by the leverage ratio. Currently, Gate.io supports leverage
ratios from 3 to 10. Say the leverage ratio is 3 and you have 100BTC in
your account as margin, the maximum volume of margin loan you can
arrange is 200BTC.
Maximum loan volume = (total account balance - borrowed assets - unpaid interest)*(leverage ratio - 1) - borrowed assets
2. Please pay off your loan before or on its repayment day (10 days
after receiving the loan). If the loan is still not paid off after its
repayment date, Gate.io will take over and host the positions. If
necessary, liquidation will be triggered to ensure the repayment.
3. Interest starts to accumulate once the loan has been borrowed. For
loans paid off within 4 hours after borrowing, the interest is
calculated as 4 hours. After 4 hours, the interest is calculated on an
hourly basis. Less than 1 hour will be seen as 1 hour.
4. When users conduct margin trading, Gate.io offers services which monitor your margin account and manage risks.
5. When the risk rate of your margin account is lower than the
threshold, Gate.io will warn you with an SMS message or an email. The
threshold of risk rate varies from pair to pair. At present, trades with
leverage ratios from 3 to 5 will be warned of risk management when the
risk rate goes below 130%. When the leverage ratio is 10, the threshold
a: total balance of quote currency b: outstanding interest of quote currency c: last price d: total balance of base currency e: outstanding interest of base currency f: loan volume of quote currency g: loan volume of base currency
6. When the risk rate of your margin account is lower than a certain
threshold, liquidation will be triggered and Gate.io will buy or sell
your assets at the real-time order price to repay the loan. The risk
rate threshold for trades with leverage ratios of 3 to 5 is 110%, for
trades with a leverage ratio of 10 is 105%.
7. After forced liquidation is triggered, Gate.io will not repay the
loan until it is due. You can still add more margin to keep trading. If
the loan is not paid off until the repayment date, the positions will be
liquidated to repay the loan.
8. Users should recognize that fees will be generated while trading on
margin. Users should agree to pay the fees. The fee rate is the same as
it is in spot trading.
When your margin trades are making profits, you can withdraw the profit
out of the margin account. When there are unpaid margin loans, the
maximum amount of assets you can withdraw is:
withdrawal volume = total balance of the margin account (frozen balance
included) - loan volume * leverage ratio/(leverage ratio -1)
10. When you trade on margin, please be aware of the risks of crypto investments and margin trading. Please tread carefully.
11. Borrowers can repay loans in advance but the actual financial management cycle is subject to the agreed repayment date.
12. Users should agree that all investments made on Gate.io represent
their true intentions and accept all potential risks and profits brought
about by investment decisions.
13. Gate.io does not take responsibility for the potential delays of
SMS messages and emails on any third-party software. Please check your
14. The right of final interpretation of this document is reserved by Gate.io.
Contact us by submitting a ticket whenever you have questions.