You are required to verify your identity at Gate.io by going through our KYC process.
Once your account is verified, you can ask to raise the withdrawal limit for a specific coin if the current limit cannot satisfy your needs.
With a verified account, you can enjoy a faster and smoother deposit and withdrawal experience.
Getting your account verified is also an important step to enhance the security of your account.
2. Is Identity Verification (KYC) mandatory for depositing?
We may manually review some withdrawals flagged as suspicious by our risk management mechanism (“KYC Required” status in your withdrawal). An advanced identity verification (KYC2) will be required as well. In that case, you can go to https://www.gate.io/myaccount/id_setup2 on our website to complete it.
2. Special characters are not supported in your Full Name or passport/ identity card/ driver license number.
If you are sure your picture is in the correct format, please check if your name has any special characters in it. If there is, delete it and try again.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
Please note, if you have any withdrawals in verification status (KYC required), you have to go through both KYC1 & KYC2.
You can check your KYC page later after uploading your documents
2. When taking your selfie, make sure some of your upper body is displaying on your picture, especially your shoulders.
3. The entered name should be the same as that on your identity document submitted. If you have entered some information incorrectly or failed identity verification, you have to open a help ticket to change it to the correct one. You can email us or submit a ticket at https://support.gate.io/hc/en-us/requests/new
4. If it seems that your name can not be uploaded, please email us with the name you want to enter in the name field.
5. Make sure you write your own gate.io account ID on the note, not the ID on the example picture. The account ID is a serial number working as a unique identifier representing your account at Gate.io.