Everything About ETH Potential Hard Fork into ETHS and ETHW
更新於:20 天 21 小时之前
1. Why is ETH a potential hard fork?
Upon the shift of Ethereum 2.0 from PoW (Proof of Work) to PoS (Proof of Stake), there’s a possibility of hard fork into two parallel blockchains with different consensuses - PoW and PoS.
Gate.io will give full support to ETH's upgrade and its potential hard fork, to mitigate the risks caused by market volatility during the hard fork and safeguard users' assets.
2. What are ETHS and ETHW Tokens?
· ETHS (ETH2, Ethereum PoS) represents the token for the new PoS (proof-of-stake) chain.
· ETHW (ETH1, Ethereum PoW) represents the token for the PoW (proof-of-work) chain that will potentially continue to exist.
· Both ETHS and ETHW are IOU tokens, which will be delisted or swapped into relevant tokens after ETH 2.0 merge completes.
3. What you should know about the swap?
· Prior to the official ETH 2.0 upgrade, ETH holders on Gate.io can go to the Asset page to swap their ETH into two "potential forked" tokens, ETHS and ETHW, at a 1:1 ratio.
· Users are also allowed to swap their ETHS and ETHW into ETH at the same ratio before the upgrade.
4. How to swap ETH into ETHS and ETHW on Gate.io website?
· Login and go to "Wallet", find "Classic Account" and enter "Spot Account"
· Enter "ETH" in the search bar, and then click the "Swap" button
· Enter the amount of ETH you want to swap, and click "Swap Now".
5. When can I swap ETH into ETHS & ETHW, or the other way around?
· Users are able to swap ETH into ETHS and ETHW or the other way around from now on till the ETH 2.0 upgrade.
6. What are the trading markets? When will the trading begin?
· Trading markets will include: ETHS/USDT, ETHS/ETH, ETHW/USDT, ETHW/ETH
· Trading will begin at 04:00 AM, August 9th UTC
· Trade at:
7. What will Gate.io do with ETHS & ETHW after the ETH 2.0 Upgrade?
There will be two scenarios.
· If the ETH 2.0 upgrade ends up with more than one chain, ETHS will be automatically converted into the upgraded ETH at a 1:1 ratio and the ETHS market will be delisted.
And the PoW chain with the most hashrate will serve as the main chain of ETHW. Gate.io will also support PoW chain resulting from the hard fork, and rename ETHW in case the community requires us to do.
· If ETH 2.0 upgrade is completed without a fork, the ETH symbol will be retained. In this case, Gate.io will delist ETHS, ETHW, and their associated markets, and ETHS will be converted to the upgraded ETH.
Find more details: https://www.gate.io/article/27456
Gateway to Crypto
Trade over 1,400 cryptocurrencies safely, quickly and easily on Gate.io
Sign up to enter the crypto gateway and get 40% commission from referrals
Download iOS/Android App right now.
Reach out to us!
Gate.io Startup Twitter: https://twitter.com/Gateio_Startup
Gate.io News Channel: https://t.me/GateioOfficialNews