1.Crypto loan refers to users pledging a digital token to avail a loan in the form of another digital token.
2.Formula for calculating interest:
Interest = loan volume * daily interest rate/24 * total number of hours.
Interest starts to accumulate once the loan has been borrowed. For loans paid off within 4 hours after borrowing, the interest is calculated as 4 hours. After 4 hours, the interest is calculated on an hourly basis. Less than 1 hour will be seen as 1 hour.
3.For users who have not enabled auto-renew, please pay off your loan before or on its repayment day (10 days after receiving the loan). If the loan is still not paid off after its repayment date, Gate.io will take over and host the positions. If necessary, liquidation will be triggered to ensure the repayment. It is recommended that users who are making long-term investments enable auto-renew. On the last day of the loan period, Gate.io will borrow automatically in the lending market for users who have enabled auto-renew. The borrowable amount and interest rate will be chosen to minimize costs for the user.
4.Borrowers can repay loans in advance and the interest will be calculated according to the actual number of hours .
Borrowers can decide to repay the loan fully or partially. (For loans paid off within 4 hours, the interest is calculated as 4 hours). No additional fees or fines will be generated in advanced repayments.
5.Gate.io provides risk management services according to the loan-to-collateral ratio of crypto loans
(1) Loan-to-collateral ratio = value of the loan (including interest) / value of the collateral;
(2) The lower the loan-to-collateral ratio, the safer the collateralized funds and the lower the risk of liquidation;
(3) The initial borrowing loan-to-collateral ratio is 70%;
(4) When the loan-to-collateral ratio reaches 80%, Gate.io will remind the borrower through email or app notifications that the loan-to-collateral ratio has reached 80% and the borrower can add collateral to the position, thereby lowering the loan-to-collateral ratio and the risk of liquidation.
(5) When the loan-to-collateral ratio reaches 90%, Gate.io will automatically close the position and convert the collateral into the borrowed currency to pay off the loan.
(6) The left collateral will be returned to the borrower after the forced liquidation. The number of left collateral assets may be affected by the market volatility. Principle and interest receivable of the lender would not be affected by the forced liquidation.
6.Before the repayment is made, partial or full withdrawal of the collateral is suspended.
7.Gate.io has the right to promptly liquidate orders that are overdue or above the risk control threshold.
9.When borrowing a crypto loan, users should be aware of the constant price fluctuations of digital assets. Please operate cautiously and always manage risks.
10.Users must agree that all investments made on Gate.io represent their true intentions, and unconditionally accept the potential risks and gains brought by their own investment decisions.
11.Gate.io does not take responsibility for the potential delays of emails on any third-party software. Please check your account frequently.
*The right of final interpretation of this document is reserved by Gate.io.