1. Why should you get your account identity verified?
You are required to verifying your identity at Gate.io by going through our KYC process.
Once your account is verified, you can ask to raise withdrawal limit for a specific coin if the current limit cannot satisfy your need.
With a verified account, your can also enjoy a faster and more smooth deposit and withdrawal experience.
Getting your account verified is also an important step to enhance security of your account.
2. Is Identity Verification (KYC) mandatory for deposit ?
You can deposit while preparing for Identity verification, but please make sure you have finished it before withdrawing.
As we may manual review some withdrawals flagged as suspicious ones by our risk management mechanism (“KYC Required”status in your withdrawal ), an advanced identity verification (KYC2) will be required as well. In that case, you may go to https://www.gate.io/myaccount/id_setup2 on our website to finish it.
3.. Can not upload my pictures for KYC, what to do?
1.Pictures must be in jpg or png, and the size cannot exceed 4 MB.
2. No special characters are supported on your Full Name or passport / identity card or driver license number.
If you are sure your picture are in the correct format, please check if your name has any special characters on it. If there is, delete it and try again.
3. The current internet connection may not work well.
you may try to use another Internet connection;
or try our another domain: https://gatecn.io/;
or download our app and upload your pictures for KYC on app instead. Go to Security Center> Identity Verification
If you have any further question, please contact us.
4. How long does KYC verification take and how to check if it is verified?
The processing time of KYC or identity verification may be half an hour to 12 hours.
Please note, if you have any withdrawal in verification status(KYC required), you have to go through both KYC 1 & KYC2.
You can check back your KYC page a while later after uploading your document to see if your KYC went through.
5. Why my KYC documents are rejected?
You can verify your account with a photo ID issued by your government, such as a passport, a driver license or an identity card.
1.The document should be valid, expired document will be rejected. When taking pictures, please check the example documents and follow it.
2. When taking your selfie, make sure more of your upper body displaying on your picture, especially your elbow.
3. The names should be the same with that on your identity document submitted. If you have entered it incorrectly when adding a phone number or in a failed identity verification attempt, you have to open a help ticket to change it to the correct one. You may email us or submit a ticket at https://support.gate.io/hc/en-us/requests/new
4. If it seems that your names can not be uploaded, please email us with the names you are going to entered in the name filed. Our support agent will help you out.
5.Make sure you write your own gate.io account id on the note, not the ID on the example picture. The account id is a serial number working as a unique identifier representing your account at Gate.io.
How to check My account ID?
You can see it at the top of my funds page : https://www.gate.io/myaccount
MY id xxx, together with your current tier.